Friday, April 14, 2006

NSTA reflections

Thanks to those of you who came to my NSTA presentation in Anaheim. I was pleased with how it went, and I appreciated the comments that some of you said afterwards. This was a first run for me on this presentation about the evidence for inquiry (and against traditional instruction), and I wasn't sure how people would respond. Actually, I expected resistance and push back. There didn't seem to be any.

Are we beginning to turn the corner toward inquiry in this country? Someone I talked with at NSTA said that about half the presentations looked to be on inquiry. Maybe the momentum is beginning to build. I hope so. I'm really convinced now that it's the best things for kids.

Please see the following site for resources from my presentation. It's a quick webpage that I've thrown together for those of you who want to dig deeper on the evidence I reviewed. Let me know your thoughts via a comment to this post.

http://homepage.mac.com/lmeadows/evidence4inquiry.htm

No comments: