Date: Tuesday, July 28
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: The Oak Mountain Interpretive Center at Oak Mountain State Park
Cost: $3 (to cover your park admission)
What to bring:
- Drinks for the day
- paper & pen
- USB drive (optional)
- A nice preview of the Oak Mountain Interpretive Center and information on how you can tap this resource in your teaching.
- Good, practical tips that will help you get your school year started right.
- A chance to connect with old friends from UAB. A chance to make new friends from some of the area's best science teachers.
- Help in improving your teaching, including professional development that moves you closer to achieving National Boards in science.
- RSVP, if at all possible, just so PLM knows a general sense of how many are coming. Making a quick comment here is all you need to do, or you can send him an e-mail.
- Check in with your UAB friends to make sure that they've gotten the information about this session. (Many of them have disappeared from PLM's list.)
- Let PLM know if you want to bring a teacher who isn't part of the 615 network. They're welcome, as long as there's enough room.
- You can enter the park from the main gate or from the back gate (off Highway 119 just west of Oak Mountain Middle School).
- Don't speed in the park! They'll pull you over.
- Signs clearly lead you to the Interpretive Center. It's located by the Alabama Wildlife Center across from the main lake in the center of the park.